[cmsmasters_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_top_style=”default” data_bot_style=”default” data_color=”default” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″ data_padding_top_large=”0″ data_padding_bottom_large=”0″ data_padding_top_laptop=”0″ data_padding_bottom_laptop=”0″ data_padding_top_tablet=”0″ data_padding_bottom_tablet=”0″ data_padding_top_mobile_h=”0″ data_padding_bottom_mobile_h=”0″ data_padding_top_mobile_v=”0″ data_padding_bottom_mobile_v=”0″ data_shortcode_id=”kd1oo6h0y”][cmsmasters_column data_width=”1/1″ data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_border_style=”default” data_animation_delay=”0″ data_shortcode_id=”gkgmcyvl1f”][cmsmasters_text shortcode_id=”lw5obmbm5j” animation_delay=”0″]
WHAT IS TITLE IX?
It is a law within the amendments to the Federal Education Act of 1972 that provides protection against discrimination or harassment in any academic, educational, extracurricular, and athletic activity, and in programs or employment offered by an educational institution that receives federal funds, regardless of where the activity takes place, on or off-campus, provided that it is an activity sponsored or controlled by the University.
CONDUCTS COVERED UNDER TITLE IX
- Stalking – conduct that aims to cause fear and emotional distress
- Sexual assault – rape, incest, lascivious acts, and technical violation
- Sexual harassment – unwanted sexual approach of any kind
- Violence in a relationship – includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical violence and a threat of abuse between persons in a romantic, intimate, or social relationship
- Domestic violence – acts of physical, sexual, coercion, threat, intimidation, isolation, emotional or economic abuse to control a partner or ex-partner
WHAT IS THE INSTITUTIONAL POLICY RELATED TO TITLE IX?
The institutional policy related to Title IX is contained in the document entitled Normas y Procedimientos para Atender Alegadas Violaciones a las Disposiciones del Título IX (Spanish version). This document contains the institutional guidelines to address any complaint that is based on this type of allegation. Go to the Documents section below where you will be able to find these documents and other important information, including the complaint forms.
- Normas y Procedimientos para Atender Alegadas Violaciones a las Disposiciones del Título IX (Spanish version).
- Attachment A – Title IX Complaint Form
- Brochure: Title IX Standards and Procedures for Responding to Alleged Violations of Title IX Provisions
- Poster: Title IX
STAFF IN CHARGE OF THE SCHOOL’S COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX
Title IX Assistant Coordinator
Assist in the school compliance
- Mr. Virgilio J. Cruz Soto
- (787) 765-1915 X-1026
Human Resources Officer
Investigate complaints against faculty, employees, providers, and visitors
- Mrs. Janice Martinez Bezares
- (787) 765-1915 X-1010
Students Affairs Dean
Investigate complaints against students
- Dr. Iris Cabello Rivas
- (787) 765-1915 X-1006
- (787) 955-1496
NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT?
If you understand that you have been a victim of one of the conducts covered under Title IX, you must submit a complaint through the Attachment A Complaint Form available on the Normative Document or in the offices of the staff in charge of ensuring the compliance of this Law. Contact your Title IX Assistant Coordinator for a complete orientation.