The wireless system has been installed and configured throughout the whole School of Optometry.
To gain access to the system please have the following ready:
- Bring your laptop / PDA / wireless device to the CIT Office. It is Office 160 on the 1st floor, the 1st door to the left of the elevator. Only laptops and tablets/PDAs are allowed on the wireless network. This is to avoid unnecessary congestion from other types of devices.
- Please have your laptop turned on, and ready to work with. That helps avoid unnecessary delays for fellow students waiting to be attended. The wireless configuration takes less than 2 minutes.
- Have your antivirus enabled.
- Working hours are 8 am-5 pm Monday to Friday
- Remember that wireless access is governed by the School of Optometry Computer and Network Use Policy. Any unauthorized or abusive use of the wireless / LAN network resources will result in suspending access to those services.
- Once your laptop / PDA / wireless device is configured, you do not need to bring it again unless you reinstall the device and need the wireless key configured again.